|Instead of CapFAQ having ads, help support this site by doing your Amazon.com shopping via this link. Thanks!|
This is a user-generated list of answers to common questions, maintained by a selected group of dedicated fans. Feel free to email suggestions for sections and material to admin @ this domain name.
- Hardware specifications
- Understanding storage
- Making calls
- Text messaging
- Text input
- Managing contacts
- Media files (audio/video/photos)
- Web browsing
- Calendar and Tasks
- GPS and navigation
- Using the camera
- Backing up data
- Connectivity (Wifi, Bluetooth, USB, etc)
- Software Updates
- Extending Ring Time
- Customizing look & feel
- Getting the most out of your battery
- Managing and monitoring Data Usage
- Taking screenshots
- Using the MicroSD expandable storage
- Android 2.2 aka "Froyo"
- Android 2.3 aka "Gingerbread"
- The I897UCJH7 system update (released 9/22/2010)
- Guide Setting Up DLNA(AllShare) on Windows 7
- Obtaining, installing and uninstalling
- Setting the default app for a filetype or action
- Recommended apps
- Which stock apps incur fees?
- Task killers
- Lag fixes
- Bricked phone
- Repairing your Captivate
- Difference between Odin 1-Click flash, Odin 1-Click master clear, factory reset and GSM reset
- ROMs and Flashing
- USB cable won't stay securely in the Captivate
- Blue tint problem
- ODIN does not flash 100% or boot loop after ODIN flash
- Bottom buttons don't stay lit long enough
- Flash doesn't work.
Tips & Tricks
- Connect to the internet through your computer
- Getting rid of the stock AT&T apps
- Repeating notifications for missed calls, SMS, events, etc.
- Managing sound levels for ringer, notifications, media, etc
- Locked out of phone: "Too Many Pattern Attempts"
- Create a shortcut directly to a specific document/file
- Recalibrate The Battery